Our Patient Participation Group (PPG) is made up of volunteer patients from a cross section of the practice population. They aim to help improve the ‘patient experience’ and strengthen the way the practice operates. We are always pleased to hear from anyone who would like to be a member of the group.
How to Get Involved
Everyone is welcome to be involved. Meetings are held on a regular basis at the surgery. For information about the next meeting, please contact the practice manager.
If you would like to become involved but your circumstances make it difficult to attend meetings, you are welcome to become a virtual member of the group, receiving all the information and being able to comment either by email or by post.
If you would like further information, please email [email protected] or come along to a meeting to find out more.
What is a Patient Participation Group?
- Voluntary group
- Route for patients to advise and inform the practice on what matters most to patients and identify solutions to problems
- An opportunity to consider and promote the interests of the whole practice population
- A partnership with the practice; working to identify core objectives and improve the delivery and quality of the services provided
- A solution focused group; not a place to bring whinges or complaints
What does a PPG do?
- Provides regular communication between the practice and the patients
- Is a critical friend to the practice
- Advises the practice on the patients’ perspective of services
- Encourages patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
- Researches views of patients who use the practice
Who can be a Member?
- Anyone who is a registered patient at the practice or who is a designated carer for a registered patient.